Caught! Chinese soldier enters India, Apprehended.
Chinese soldier caught from Ladakh, came by mistake so will be handed back to China.
The Indian Army has arrested a Chinese soldier in Chumar-Demchok area of Ladakh. Sources told the news agency that he may have accidentally entered the Indian border. This soldier will be handed back to the Chinese army as per the protocol.
In the midst of constant tension, the Indian Army has made preparations to remain in the high altitude areas of Ladakh in winter. India has purchased warfare kits and winter clothes for high altitude areas from the US. Indian troops occupy 13 important peaks south of Pangong Lake in Ladakh, where they are full of strength in minus 25 degree Celsius temperatures. The Core Commander level meeting in Chushul on October 12th, to resolve the border dispute lasted for nearly 11 hours, but like the earlier meetings, there was no concrete way out of it.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, last week said that China had deployed 60,000 troops on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh.
India and China dispute in Ladakh has been going on for 5 months now.
- On 5 May, 200 soldiers had come face-to-face in eastern Ladakh.
- On May 9, 150 soldiers clashed in North Sikkim.
- On 9 May, China sent helicopters to LAC in Ladakh.
- On June 15, 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a clash between India and China in Galvan.
- 40 Chinese soldiers were also killed, but China did not accept this.