Information about bomb in Taj Mahal wrong: search operation complete, caller detained from Firozabad
The news of the bomb in the Taj Mahal turned out to be fake. The police gave this information after the search operation and the Taj complex was reopened to tourists. Police say the person threatening to place the bomb has been identified. He has been taken into custody in Firozabad.
After getting news of the bomb in the Taj Mahal, the police had pulled out the tourists and closed both the doors of the Taj Mahal. The bomb disposal team of the Agra Police checked the entire complex. No explosives were found in it. Police said, "Someone giving information about placing the bomb had called the number 112. He said that there are disturbances in the military recruitments. Due to this, he could not be recruited. He has placed a bomb in the Taj Mahal. Will explode in a while. '
Such information has been received earlier also
Every day around 5,000 tourists visit the Taj Mahal complex. Fake information about explosives has been found here before. The same thing happened in 2008. Then a person made a threatening call. It turned out that the phone was from South India. The police later arrested the accused from Tamil Nadu. During interrogation, he said that he did this to harass the police.
Security was beefed up at Taj Mahal in Agra and tourists were evacuated after police received a bomb threat call on Thursday morning. However, the call turned out to be a hoax.
After being briefly closed, the monument was again thrown open to tourists at around 11.15 am. No explosive was found during the searches.
The threat call on Uttar Pradesh Police's emergency number 112 had sent authorities into a tizzy, with an anti-sabotage and CISF QRT rushed to the monument.
The caller said an explosive device had been placed inside the Mughal-era monument and it would blow up any moment. The hoax call has been traced to Firozabad in Uttar Pradesh, an officer said