Toll plazas will be finished in one year, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said- toll tax will be collected from GPS, new system is being prepared

Union Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari said that if a driver leaves the highway after traveling 35 km after climbing from one point to the highway, then only toll tax will be charged for 35 km.

Toll plazas will be finished in one year, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said- toll tax will be collected from GPS, new system is being prepared
Google. Com

In the coming time, you will get freedom from the problems caused on the toll plaza during the journey. Union Road, Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari said in Parliament on Thursday that the current toll collection system will be completely scrapped in the next one year, i.e. the existing toll plazas will be removed. A new system for toll collection is being built in its place.

GPS will collect toll tax

The Union Minister said that toll tax will be collected through the Global Positioning System (GPS) by abolishing the existing toll collection system. Under this, toll tax will be collected for the number of kilometers the vehicle will use the highway. Recordings of highways and descents will be recorded via GPS.

Can understand it with this example

If a driver leaves the highway after traveling 35 km after climbing from one point to the highway, then only toll tax will be charged for 35 km. In the current system, toll toll plazas are located every 60 km and drivers have to pay toll tax for at least 60 km.

GPS will be installed free on older vehicles 

In response to a question from Amroha MP Danish Kunwar Ali during the Question Hour, the Union Minister said that GPS is being installed in new vehicles on behalf of the company. Older vehicles have GPS problems. For the new system of toll tax collection, free GPS will be installed in old vehicles by the government.

Fastag will collect toll tax

The Union Minister said that toll tax in the new system will be collected through Fastag. The Union Minister said that at present about 93% of the toll tax collection is being done through Fastag. Action will be taken to link the remaining 7% of the toll paying vehicles with cash to Fastag.The central government has made FASTAG mandatory for all vehicles from 15 December 2019, with a view to facilitating traffic on toll plazas and promoting digital transactions.

Till now entering the wrong lane, there was double toll tax

By the beginning of May, 1.68 crore Fastags were released across the country.

Fastag is mandatory for all vehicles from 15 December 2019

The central government has made a major change in a rule related to fastag. The government has said that now illegal or poorly fastened vehicles will be charged double toll tax on the national highway. Earlier, only such vehicles were charged double toll tax which entered the fastag line without the fastag card.

Ministry of Road Transport has issued a notification

The Ministry of Road Transport has issued a notification regarding the change in the rules related to the collection of toll tax. The notification states that if a vehicle enters the fastag line with no fastag or poor fastag, it will have to pay double toll tax. The central government has done this under the National Highway Fee Rules.

1.68 crore Fastags released by early May

The central government has made FASTAG mandatory for all vehicles with effect from 15 December 2019, with a view to facilitating traffic on the toll plaza and promoting digital transactions. According to an estimate, by the beginning of May 2020, about 1.68 crore fastags have been issued across the country. 

Fastag automatically pays toll tax

Fastag, which works on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology, is linked to a prepaid or user's savings account which automatically pays the toll on the national highway. This fastag is mounted on the windscreen of the vehicle. Through this, toll tax is paid without human contact.

Fastag can link with credit card, UPI

Fastags used on vehicles for toll payment on national highways can also be linked to credit cards and UPIs. It was approved by the RBI in January 2020. Earlier, Fastag was allowed to be linked only through bank accounts and prepaid mediums. The National Payment Corporation will approve requests received from operators of these platforms and will be able to link them to Fastag.